Saturday, April 11, 2009

simple pleasures

In hard times such as this, it pays to appreciate the little trivial things in life. Those little treasures that cost me little to nothing, but bring a smile to my face, even now as i'm thinking about it. Here are my simple pleasures:

  • the soothing feel of sunshine warming my skin on a cold winter day
  • the jaw-dropping display of purple, pink, blue, orange colours in the afternoon sky, just before the sun disappear in the horizon
  • getting up late on my days off after a hard week's of work
  • sitting on a park bench in a cool sunny afternoon watching the world and the myriad of people walking by
  • eavesdropping on someone telling a joke and trying to hold in the laughter so they won't know I've been listening in
  • a $10 cardigan, in many different pastel colours from Cotton On, to cheer up my wardrobe
  • listening to a pick-me-up song in the morning to get my day started
  • going through my old photos and laughing at how silly my hairstyles were over the years

These are just some of my favourites. If you take the time to think about it, you'd be surprised with what you'd find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails