Tuesday, August 18, 2009

rich maha dinner special 2

I found this place from google maps, thought I should give it a try. It was the first restaurant I visited in my trip to Melbourne. I must say I had difficulties finding this place. The address said 343 Little Collins St, but in fact the restaurant was on this lane called Equitable Place. It was quite secluded and if I wasn't looking for it, I would have completely missed it.

The restaurant was typical of dining hall type restaurant. On its website, it purported to be serving Indian / Malaysian / Tandoori / Srilankan / Singaporean / Vegetarian dishes. But as far as I could tell, the dishes were 90% Indian, and only 10% the rest. This restaurant was obviously geared towards the cheap and fast-food end of the market. But I think, the food was quite authentic. I judged the authenticity of a restaurant by its patrons, and when I was there, the diners were all Indians (excluding me).

Dinner special 2 - $9.00

I had the dinner special 2, which was a combination of briyani rice, two meats and one veg. I chose the beef rendang, chicken curry and vegetable curry. I don't doubt the portion of this dish was huge, but in terms of taste, it really wasn't mine. But, I do like the fact that when I asked the cashier if I could have a plastic container to take away the meal that I couldn't finish, he was very courteous and gave me the container without fuss.

Rich Maha on Urbanspoon
Rich Maha
Shop 9, 343 Little Collins St
Melbourne VIC
Open Monday-Saturday 11am-9pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails