Thursday, September 3, 2009

krispy kreme original glazed doughnut

I still remembered the first time I had the infamous krispy kreme glazed doughnut. It was nothing short of gluttony and I wouldn't expect anything less from the Americans. Of course, I would not eat it every other day like they probably do, just once in a while when the mood strikes.

The one I had recently, bought from Melbourne's Tullamarine Airport, was not as good as that first time, though I can say that it was still the same glazed doughnut. It was perhaps because nothing is ever going to be as good as the first time, that sense of wonderment of discovering something new.

3 original glazed & 3 chocolate iced doughnuts - $13.95

All I can note, therefore, is the service. An older lady served behind the counter, taking orders from me on which donuts I want, whilst a teenager manned the cash register. She was, somewhat appropriately, on the chubbier side, but looked like she hated the job and didn't really care what anyone thought.

The service I got wasn't too bad, to be expected from a doughnut store, I suppose. But, while I was waiting for my change from the over-indulgent teenager, the lady behind me muttered to the gentleman behind her, "It's like we're invisible or something", referring to not being served. To be fair, the older lady was at the back greeting another employee, who I think was relieving her shift.

Krispy Kreme
Melbourne Tullamarine Airport
Qantas Domestic Terminal Foodcourt, Terminal 1
Open 7 days 6.30am-9pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails