Saturday, February 27, 2010

chop-chop fried noodles

Continuing on my speedy recipe series, today I will introduce you to my chop-chop fried noodles. What I sometimes do when I can`t be bothered cooking is buy a whole roast chicken from Coles. I eat the thighs & drumsticks with rice. But I hate eating the breast meat, so I usually let someone else eat it. More often than not, though, I ended up making it into my chop-chop fried noodles.

1. Wokka thin egg style noodle
2. Whole roast chicken
3. You choy
4. Chop-chop fried noodles

This recipe makes 4 huge serves. I usually use chinese vegetables (you choy) for my greens, but you can use any other green vegetables that you fancy. Other vegetable that I like for this recipe is bok choy.

Ingredients:
  • 1 whole roast chicken (tear the breast meat into strips)
  • 6-9 stalks of you choy, chopped into 5 cm long pieces
  • 2-3 tbsp of korean red chilli paste (gochujang)
  • copious amounts of sweet soy sauce (I usually use the ABC brand or the Cap Sate brand)
  • enough egg noodle for 4 serves (I usually buy two packets of Wokka noodle)
  • 3 handfuls of mushrooms
  • 1 carrot, julienned
  • 1 bulb of garlic, chopped finely
  • salt & white pepper

Method:
  1. Put the frying pan on a low heat, add a bit of canola oil and the chopped garlic. When the garlic is fragrant, add the mushroom. The mushroom will suck all the oil, and it is important to keep the heat low so that the mushroom doesn`t burn.
  2. When the mushroom is wilted enough, add a bit more oil and the carrots. Stir until the carrots are sufficiently cooked, then add the chopped you choy and a little bit of water so that the you choy does not burn.
  3. Set the vegetables aside on a plate. Return the frying pan to the low heat, add the red chilli paste and stir until it is more fluid before adding the noodles.
  4. Return all the vegetables back into the frying pan, add the chicken strips and stir to combine.
  5. Now this is where your personal taste comes into play. To me the noodle should taste mostly sweet, but with a bit of hotness from the chilli. Add as much or as little as sweet soy sauce as you`d like. Add a some white pepper and a bit of salt to taste. Serve with a side of chilli sauce for those who`d like it hotter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails