Tuesday, March 16, 2010

ladurée macarons

Someone once told me that macarons are Les incontournables des Paris (english: Paris must-haves). It's dainty, it's colourful, it's like eating art. And no other place in Paris more famous for its macarons than Ladurée.

Ladurée is more like an institution than a simple macaron shop. As I was opening the door to the Champs-Élysées branch, I was greeted by a long queue at the counter. I was really tempted to just turn right to the restaurant and warm myself from the bitter cold I have just escaped from. Second option was to relax at the bar towards the back of the building. But, I was there to buy the macarons, get out and move on with the day. So, I queued.


The sales assistants were wearing lovely black & white french maid outfits, they were brisk, efficient, and one was particularly particular about not taking pictures of the macarons & cakes (why??!!!).


I bought the bitter chocolate, vanilla, apple and chestnuts macarons, which were wrapped in these cute pale green box & grab bag. They were all so creamy and light that I ate them guilt-free. If I have to pick, I'd say that I like the chestnuts flavour best. Fabuleux!

Box of 8 macarons - €9.50

Ladurée
74 ave des Champs-Élysées
8e arrondissement, Île-de-France
Open 7 days 7.30am-11pm


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails