Thursday, December 16, 2010

trà vinh phở bò viên

Trà Vinh is one of those places that I have been meaning to review but never got around to do it. So, here goes.


We have our dinners early, most often than not. Early dinner means we beat the dinner rush and get better service. Our meal at Trà Vinh that afternoon was such occasion. The waitpersons were attentive, prompt, maybe even friendly. We quickly ordered our meals and got them in 5 minutes flat.

Phở bò viên - $10

The rice noodle in my phở bò viên (english: beef ball noodle soup) was perfect, it was al dente, but light at the same time, went down really easily and did not settle heavily in the stomach. I love that the soup was more meaty than one in What the Pho. It was also accompanied with copious amounts of fresh spring onions and slivers of crunchy onion. And let's not forget the beef balls, meaty, springy and substantial meat balls.

My brother-in-law, he likes his phở tái drowned with mint and blanched bean sprouts. You might remember that I said I didn't like mint. Well, I tried it again this time, thinking I may start to like it. But, I was right the first time, I still don't like mint.

Phở tái - $10
(Raw beef rice noodle soup)

While we were all waiting for him to finish his pho, I was glancing around, at the restaurant's interior. Sure, the wall might need repainting, but the floor & other surfaces were clean. Sure, they might not be equipped with new tables or new chairs, but you know what, they served honest-to-god, good food. And that, my dear readers, is why we (and others) keep coming back.

Hủ tiếu đồ biển (nước) - $10
(Rice noodle with seafood - soup)

Hủ tiếu xào đồ biển - $14
(Seafood with stir fried rice noodle)

Tra Vinh on Urbanspoon
Trà Vinh
149a Brisbane St
Northbridge WA
Open 7 days 10am-9pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails