Wednesday, July 20, 2011

almond pulp pancake


After I made almond milk for my almond panna cotta, I was in an almond haze. There was nothing but almonds almonds almonds in my mind. I used every free second thinking about what to do with the pulp. Yes, I saved the pulp, such a shame to throw it away, don't you think?

I didn't dehydrate the pulp, contrary to popular opinion (on the internet), because I don't have a dehydrator. But as Tim Gunn would say, make it work, people!

My first attempt to utilise the pulp was this really healthy almond pulp pancake with organic flour and golden honey. First time I made it, I added too much almond pulp and the pancakes were too grainy. So, I changed the ratio a little bit. Presto! A pillowy almond pancake.


Mix together the almond pulp, the organic self-raising flour and sugar


Add the egg, vanilla essence and milk. Complete the batter by mixing until no lumps are present.

Heat the pan on medium heat, grease it with a dollop of butter before pouring the pancake batter. Cook until you can see bubbling on the surface of the batter. Flip. Cook the other side until golden brown.


Drown it with your favourite syrup. Mine is the gloriously golden honey. 

PS: If it's still too pulpy & grainy for you, tough it out, kiddies! Just kidding. You could reduce the amount of almond pulp further, but not too much, or you won't have any almonds in it at all. Don't forget to make up the difference in self-raising flour.

Almond pulp pancake
by closed domestic bunny 

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup of self-raising flour (organic if possible)
  • 1/4 cup of almond pulp
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp of sugar

Method:
  1. Mix together all the ingredients until no lumps are present.
  2. Lightly grease the frying pan with butter on a medium heat. Pour the batter onto the frying pan and cook until bubbles form on the surface. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
  3. Serve with honey or maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails