Thursday, December 5, 2013

slow breakfast

Eggs delmonico - $13

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And theoretically I do eat breakfast every day. Breakfast at home for me typically includes a leisurely meal of rice and a small dish of last night's leftovers.

This falls by the wayside when I'm travelling. Especially if I'm travelling in a non-asian country. Breakfast becomes whatever I can grab quickly on the way to somewhere I want to be. Though one can only eat so many free hotel breakfast or Tim Horton's breakfast sandwiches before one's body revolts.

We wanted to treat ourselves that day. We were taking it easy that day. The Blue Fox Cafe we entered.

The eggs benedict here seems to be the favourite. The delmonico and the pacifico seems to be the right choice for us, continuing on what has been a prolonged love affair with salmon in British Columbia. If I can pick a motto for BC it would be: When in BC, eat salmon.

Eggs pacifico - $13.50
Everything was fresh and delicious. If only they could tone down the mayo -- I scraped quite a lot of it off -- a little goes a long way in my opinion.

The service while courteous was slow. We were by no means rushing, but the service was markedly slow. It seems the cafe need more cooks in its kitchen.

No matter. Belly filled. We were out the door and onto the rest our day.

Blue Fox on Urbanspoon  
Blue Fox Cafe
101-919 Fort Street
Victoria BRITISH COLUMBIA
Open Monday-Friday 7.30am-4pm, Saturday-Sunday 8am-3pm

Chinatown
The Homecoming
Craigdarroch Castle
Related Posts with Thumbnails