Friday, March 26, 2010

japanese daikon chicken curry


I would usually cooked japanese chicken curry with carrots as the vegetable. But, a few days before I cooked the curry, I cooked my daikon chicken soup where I overestimated by buying two daikon roots, and used only one. So, I googled and found this site that recommended to use it in a curry.

I won't tell you how to cook japanese curry, because all I do is buy the instant curry roux and follow the instruction on the box. And when they tell you to add the vegetables, add the daikon, simmer until the daikon is soft. I normally use the House brand curry sauce (medium hot), but obviously you can use any curry sauce that you love.


I also added some potato cubes. Potatoes make the curry more substantial and the starch helps the curry sauce to thicken.


I was afraid that the daikon would be too overpowering. Because daikon can have a strong smell for someone who is not used to it. But the curry sauce really mellowed the flavour and smell out. What I didn't expect was that the daikon tasted really sweet. I loved it so much that I promised myself to use daikon the next time I cook curry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails