Thursday, June 25, 2009

geláre belgian waffle

I don't generally review franchise eatery, but rules are meant to be broken, especially for something as good as this. In all of my years of travel I have not encountered any other waffle that is better than that of Geláre's.

Geláre can be found in a few locations in Western Australia. Franchise eateries usually have varying degrees in their quality of food, depending on who owns the franchise. But not Geláre. I have, so far, found that their waffle and ice cream are of the same quality on all of their stores.

Regular belgian waffle with a scoop of cookies 'n cream (cream & syrup) - $7.40

My favourite is the regular waffle with cream and syrup, accompanied with a scoop of cookies 'n cream ice cream. The waffle, I find, is not too light, nor too dense. I have had waffles in other places that are too heavy or dense, I felt like I was eating bricks. But not Geláre's. And I don't know what it is about having cold chewy gelato with warm crispy waffles, it just works! It has been a decade since I first tasted my first waffle from this ice creamery, and I still can't find any other place that compares.

Geláre on Urbanspoon
Geláre
Kiosk 023, Centro Galleria
Collier Rd & Walter Rd
Morley WA
Open Monday-Wednesday & Friday 9am-5.30pm, Thursday 9am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails