Sunday, July 19, 2009

genmaicha

My morning ritual consisted of drinking a cup of steamy genmaicha and a hearty meal. I went to this naturopathy session (paid by the company), where the naturopath took a prick of my blood and showed me the conditions of my blood cells. Apparently, my blood cells are a tad small and a bit wonky. She recommended I increase my iron and anti-oxidant intake, especially when I'm at work. So begins my diet of green tea, walnuts and macadamia nuts.

I have tried and vehemently disgusted by the green tea that is sold in the supermarket. In other words, the western interpretation of green tea. Japanese green tea, on the other hand, I love. It's mellow and light. There are so many different kinds of Japanese green tea, bancha, mugicha, sencha just to name a few.

Genmaicha - approx. $5.00

The one I have been drinking lately is genmaicha. It is a blend of green tea leaves with roasted brown rice, which gives it a yummy earthy rice taste. I sometimes find a popcorn-copycat inside my tea blend. This popcorn is actually "popped rice" that has been popped during the roasting process. I'm not going to go into it too much, google is a beautiful thing.

Ow, one other thing, wait until the brown rice becomes soft before drinking the tea, that way you get to eat the rice as well as drink the tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails