Thursday, November 26, 2009

windsor three little piggies

One of my best friends in the world got married on one sunny-but oh-so-windy day in Sir James Mitchell Park in South Perth. It was an intimate ceremony with closest friends and family. It was quite special. And afterwards we had a boisterous lunch at the Windsor, as we are a boisterous bunch.

The Windsor is a restaurant of modern settings with a water feature and a library to boot. That Sunday, we came in before lunch time and lucky that we did because the place soon filled up and was packed when we left, but not in a I-can't-move-an-inch kind of packed, because the place was anything but cramped.

Three little piggies - $22.50
Windsor caesar salad with grilled pesto chicken - $22.90

I got for myself a pan of the wood fired pizzas, called the Three Little Piggies, which had pepperoni, cacciatore, chorizo, barbecue sauce and mozzarella. All the good stuff. It was a decent pizza, the crust was not too heavy, the barbecue sauce was not too excessive.

I had a taste of the lamb shanks, which we heard was this restaurant's specialty, but I didn't find it to be anything extraordinary. I also had a taste of the caesar salad, the portion was humongous, it had with it a poached egg and big chunks of chicken, I'd be full if I had to finish it off myself. All around, it was quite a decent feed.

Windsor Bar & Cafe on Urbanspoon
Windsor Cafe and Garden
112 Mill Point Rd
South Perth WA
Open Monday-Thursday 11am-12am, Friday-Saturday 11am-1am, Sunday 11.30am-10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails