Wednesday, August 4, 2010

millie's cookies

15-cookie treatbox - HK$99

I'm one of those people who buy souvenirs at the airport. I tend to not spend any time during my holiday looking for the dreaded souvenirs, it's a burden, I tell you. I just go through a mad rush in the airport instead.

I usually buy food as gifts. When I go through Singapore, my sister asked for the Famous Amos cookies. When in Melbourne, Krispy Kreme (it's quite sad that Perth does not have one yet). And so on, and so on.

As you know from my previous blog, I was in transit at the Chek Lap Kok Airport recently. I was racking my brain of what to buy. I have bought some dried seafood snacks from Hong Kong Airport's Aji Ichiban before, but those weren't such a big hit the last time I bought it. So I tried a different alternative this time.


I saw this cookie place called Millie's Cookies. And on a whim, I bought a treatbox of 15 cookies. I was running out of ideas and this was the last place I saw before I had to go to my gate. The storeperson was friendly enough. The shop was done up in this cheerful stripes of baby blue, pink, chocolate and cream. The cookie house in Hansel and Gretel popped into my head when I saw it.

White choc cookie
Toffee pecan cookie


I bought a few different kinds, but ones I liked most were the banana fudge cookies and the white chocolate cookies. Millie's cookies are these gooey, soft type of cookies, which I quite like. It just tasted more rustic and homemade. It's quite funny because as I ate it, I thought that this must be an American chain because the cookies were made in the American style. But I found out that it's actually a UK franchise.

Millie's Cookies
Shop 7E161, Departure East Hall, Level 7
Hong Kong International Airport
Lantau, HK
Open 7 days 11am-8pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails