Wednesday, November 3, 2010

ikea fruit tart

I don't know what it is with being in Ikea that makes me feel so inspired. It's got to be something to do with being surrounded with beautiful (and very affordable) furniture and their kitschy names like hemnes, or bestå, or ingolf, or årstid. It makes me feel like I'm in a foreign country.


Ikea has been like my second home for the past two months. I've been to the shop more than I can count. It's not that I purposely wanted to go there that many times, it's because I always seemed to forget something and had to go back and buy them. Decorating a new house was quite a job.

My older sister, on the other hand, doesn't normally go there for the furniture. She would go there just to have lunch. I have to put a disclaimer here, to say that she does live close by, so it's not that weird. I've been to the restaurant a few times myself and my favourite is the meatballs. And I'm not the only one, just you try and google "Ikea meatballs", you'd see what I mean.

Today I went to Ikea to buy a few things and stopped by the restaurant first. I had a fruit tart and a glass of soft drinks. The fruit tart was what a fruit tart supposed to be, sweet pastry crust with velvety pastry cream, topped with fresh red strawberries, translucent oranges and green kiwis. I had the Ikea lingonberry soft drink. It had just a hint of sour and not overly sweet.

Fruit tart - $3.95

The following are just some of the many pictures I took in Ikea. I won't blather on about them too much. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. So, really, I would be saying more than 13,000 words by the end of this post.


Swedish apple cake - $3.50

Chocolate mousse - $2.95

Princess cake - $3.95
(they have white princess cakes too!)


Mazarin - $1.95
Punsch roll - $1.95

Organic apple and cinnamon muffin - $2.50

I love how they decorated the restaurant, it just showed how much they believe in their own product. They hang metres and metres of their own fabric like a piece of art. And don't you just love those ps maskros lights, they look like delicate upside down dandelions.


Lingonberry soft drink - $1.50

Ikea Swedish food market

Lingonberry syrup - $6.50

Ikea Restaurant on Urbanspoon
Ikea restaurant
6 Sunray Drive (off Ellen Stirling Blvd)
Innaloo WA
Open Monday-Wednesday & Friday 9am-7pm, Thursday 9am-9pm, Saturday 8am-5pm

Today's my 100th post!!! Can you believe it? I certainly can't. I'd like to thank you, my readers, out there, whoever you are. Thank you for reading, and keep dropping those comments, they really do make a girl feel special.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, you have a very nice blog. I was looking for Ikea, Perth and ended up here. Being from Sweden I wanted to check up on how Ikea (swedish) presents itself here. PS Maskros means Dandelion in Swedish :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, glad that you like the blog and thank you for the translation, certainly make sense now ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails