Saturday, June 8, 2013

cows, udderly creamy treat

I've always wanted to use the word "udderly". Merely typing it is making me giggle like a little school girl. Udderly cute... udderly udderly udderly....

Ok then, now that's out of my system, let's get on with the blogging.

Today is our second day in the Rockies, our plan for the day is to leave Banff and drive to Lake Louise to stay for the night. In the mean time, my stomach is in need of a bit more fuel than the unexpectedly delayed breakfast at CoyotesNot far from there is Cows, an ice cream parlour based in Prince Edward Island.

Moo york cheesecake (single cone) - $4.25
With a name like "moo york cheesecake", how can I say no? I got myself a scoop. It's creamy and cheesecake-y. It delivers. I enjoyed my bounty while perusing the cow related paraphenalia, my favourite is a T-shirt with the face of a cow that has side-swept bangs like Justin Bieber, the caption says "Justin Beefer". I mean, come on, that's funny, no?

Cows on Urbanspoon
Cows
134 Banff Ave
Banff ALBERTA
Open 7 days 10am-7pm

Now that my appetite is temporarily satisfied, off we go to see Banff in all its glory. I couldn't think of anything better than going up the gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain to get a 360 degree view of the place.


The view was truly breathtaking. We wanted to stay longer, but the sky has been threatening to snow since the morning with little flurries here and there. Not wanting to risk it further, we made our way to Lake Louise, where it promptly snowed in earnest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails