Wednesday, March 17, 2010

crêpes sucrées

crêpe avec nutella - €2.50

In Paris, everywhere, and I do mean everywhere, there are numerous crêperies to be seen, especially in the touristy places like Montmartre. The French must have known that we tourists are such fools for novelties. I mean what kind of street snack would we eat in France if not crêpes. It can be made in a jiffy, it warms you up in a cold day and it won't fill you up.

From my tone you may deduce that I am a bit bitter about this whole crêpes thing. Well, you're right. I mean, these crêperies would only have to have the crêpes' batter, then either sugar, nutella and/or bananas. You know how much they charge for a piece of nutella crêpe, €2.50, that's AU$3.70 (current exchange rate) and that's considered cheap because we were in China Town (4e arrondissement).

In other places like Montmartre, you'd have to pay at least €3-5 for a nutella crêpe. With AU$7, I could have gotten a really filling meal. But when you're a tourist, you won't care about a few euros here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails