Saturday, March 20, 2010

boulangerie ravignan croissants

In Paris, it seems to me that there was at least one boulangerie (english: bakery) in every block of land. I really love that about Paris. I love that it's not Starbucks or McDonald's that are ubiquitous, it's the great old fashion bakeries. I just hope I won't be proven wrong in a few years time.

As you may have read from my previous posts, we stayed in Montmartre for our honeymoon, and our little apartment was near the Basilique du Sacré-Cœur. It would take about a 15-minute walk to get there from our apartment. One night, the weather was nice (not too cold and the sky was clear) that we decided to go there on the spur of the moment. We walked and we climbed the many steps and the hills.

View of the Basilique du Sacré-Cœur from Place du Tertre

All the walking and climbing really got us hungry and without fail a boulangerie was within our sights. We walked in, got two croissants and ate them in 2 seconds flat. I can say that they were the most delicious croissants I've ever had, flaky, like a croissant should be, and buttery soft on the inside, and sweet. That's how a croissant should be, not these soft-on-the-outside and dry-on-the-inside croissants you get from the the store in Australia / Canada.

Croissant - €0.90

Before you bite my head off because in the picture it says that a piece of crêpe is €1.90 and therefore not as expensive as I purported it to be, I should say that these ones in the bakery are cold and not freshly made for you while you wait.


PS: I found out much later that this boulangerie had a passing appearance in the movie Le Petit Nicolas.

Boulangerie Ravignan
9 Rue Ravignan
18e arrondissement, Île-de-France

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails