Sunday, August 7, 2011

angel's hair with seafood sauce



I made angel’s hair pasta with seafood sauce one weeknight. I stopwatched it, took me 15-20 minutes including preparation and cooking the angel’s hair. This recipe is from Antonio Carluccio’s 100 Pasta Recipes book, which I love love love.



I’ve made the dish a few times now. Although, at the time of photograph, I used prawns and mussels, I found that I like this dish better with dainty seafood. Like fresh small clams rather than huge meaty green mussels. Like prawns and squid sliced into petite pieces. Like itty-bitty scallops rather chunky monster scallops.



Finely chop the garlic, capsicum and parsley.

In my hunger that night, I totally forgot to take pictures of all the steps in between. Sowwy…. Please forgive me....

Prepare the seafood with every method using the prefix de-, de-shelling, de-bearding, de-skinning, de-sliming? I like to discard the shells of my clams / mussels. Sure, it may not look as pretty, but convenience is king on a weeknight. If seafood is too chunky, slice them to bite-sized pieces.

Over a medium-low heat, add olive oil into a pan, and gently sauté the garlic and capsicum. Add the seafood and increase heat to medium-high heat, stir continuously to ensure even cooking. 5-10 minutes, or until seafood is just cooked and opaque.

De-glaze pan with two splashes of white wine. Evaporate the alcohol for about a minute. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside in a bowl.




This is another thing I like to do for convenience (read: for less washing up). In the same pan, cook the angel’s hair until al-dente. Drain the water, return seafood to pasta and mix thoroughly.

Serve sprinkled with parsley.

Angel’s hair with seafood sauce
Adapted from Antonio Carluccio’s 100 Pasta Recipes

Serves 4

Ingredients:
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • 1 small capsicum (or half of a big one)
  • 350g mixed seafood (love the prawns-squid-scallops combo)
  • 2 splashes of dry white wine
  • 375g (a handful) of angel’s hair pasta
  • 1 tbsp parsley

Method:
  1. Sauté finely chopped garlic and capsicum in olive oil over medium-low heat.
  2. Add the seafood, turn up heat to medium-high and stir continuously for further 5-10 minutes or until seafood is just cooked and opaque, but no further.
  3. De-glaze pan with white wine, and let the alcohol evaporate for a minute. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside in a bowl.
  4. In the same pan, cook the angel’s hair pasta as per packet instruction until al-dente. Drain the water, and return seafood to pasta. Mix thoroughly.
  5. Serve with a garnish of finely chopped parsley.

1 comment:

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails