Monday, February 13, 2012

novotel nusa dua hotel food

Mie goreng - Rp 65,000

I’m a person who’s pretty particular about where I stay during a holiday. Before I book, I have to know the star ratings, I pore over every picture of the rooms, I read patron reviews. But, once I'm convinced that a hotel is great value, I'd stay with them on every visit.

Vegetable soup - Rp 35,000

The Novotel Nusa Dua Hotel is one of those hotels that passed with flying colours. They proved to me again and again their worthiness. The rooms are always clean, bathrooms are clean (very important), the hotel staff is unfailingly friendly and accommodating, the room is very affordable considering its location, and the food is quite delicious.

Crispy seafood spring rolls - Rp 52,000

We ordered room service a few times during our stay. We stuck with indonesian food. We tried all sorts, from the more standard hotel food like fried noodle, crispy outside but soft on the inside spring rolls, peppery and stomach-settling vegetable soup, and superb fried rice. To the less standard like the ox-tail soup. All dishes are quite tasty, not at all bland.

Nasi goreng nusa dua - Rp 65,000

I do want to share this one rare incident when the fried egg on top of our favourite fried rice tasted faintly of soap. We called the kitchen and asked if they could replace the dish. The balinese that they are, they were unfailingly apologetic and polite. They sent a replacement straight away. Imagine my surprise when the hotel staff knocked on my door, on his hand was a small plate, and on top of it is one fried egg! I was expecting them to replace the whole dish because the embarrassment of it all, but no, just the egg. I could do nothing but to laugh at that.

Novotel Nusa Dua Hotel
Jalan Novotel Nusa Dua Golf Resort
Nusa Dua BALI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your constructive feedback and will answer any questions you might have. Comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam will not be published.

Related Posts with Thumbnails